Monday 25 August 2008

10 Facts about Mandy (Song By Barry Manilow)

1. in 1971, this song was written and recorded by Scott English

2. This song is a remake of British single called “Brandy”

3. in 1974, Barry Manilow went to record this melodic song

4. It is apparently an urban legend if said this song about a favorite dog

5. It is literally this song refers to brandy, specifically alcoholism with the lyrics of "you kissed me and stopped me from shaking”

6. The story of favorite dog was used by Scott English to get the reporter off his back when calling him at 07.00AM, asking who "Brandy" was

7. For Barry Manilow, this is his first song that hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100

8. For Barry Manilow, this is his first song that hit number one on Adult Contemporary charts

9. For Barry Manilow, this is his first gold single

10. Mandy was “Barry Manilow” and Barry Manilow was “Mandy”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandy
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Mandy

Your beloved TM nan CC (chubby and crewet) but You love me rite (Hm... wakakak)