Sunday 26 October 2008

sweetness of childhood

after watching this movie last night i hold a series of wishes to write but one and foremost, i wish i were given a talent to write as i want to write my childhood dream, a memory of mine before leaving kaimana, and this memory was shared with my dear friends iskandar bwefar and hasan kamakula

if i could go back let me start it in my words...

that day was the final day of my staying in kaimana, a time to move had just arrived as we all received our certificates two days ago that confirmed our passing of elementary school of santa marthinus

that night three of us were sitting by the side of toko anggrek theo, treasuring a moment of life-remembrance with a plate of kue pia and 3 bottles of home-made syrup with simple-but-sad talks about separation that was coming now to capture us

that gathering marked my last day in kaimana and i knew i had a ton of agony of leaving my dear friends and i don't know when will we meet up again, and if we meet, i'm unsure where and when can we meet as life seemed to have led us in different spell as surabaya was my only destination that year

that night we were laughing for the last time when each of us was committed to always write one another thru letter, something that i respected much as i am still in touch with iskandar until the moment when jotting down this writting

that night we told each other of our dreams, a dream to be a pilot (my love of blue sky), a dream to be a police (hasan's dream of being stern), a dream to be a medical assistant (iskandar's family heritage) and a dream to be a better person in later life when later life catches up with panache

that night i could feel the teary eyes of my friends when hugging me, wishing me well and always good, holding my hands tight for the last time, hoping me the best for my future study and beautiful life in surabaya

that night we were so sad saying good bye to each other, a moment i always remember when tears running down our faces but then i know why i've loathed separation most since that night

but our loving remembrance keeps us together till now, the genuine love of childhood stays up top amongst all other things and laskar pelangi brings back all sweetness of childhood in very special way

when ending this movie, i started singing and memorising every lyrics of laskar pelangi and i found completely in www.youtube.com for which this made me stay up till 03.00AM as i kept singing and singing with joy

then dream is alive, dream of going home to meet up my dear childhood dream is alive
this dream makes me feel more fulfilled for treasuring perfect childhood
this dream is back now and i'll fly home one fine day to meet up with iskandar, mawan, yehadi, yosias, taher and naftalis

this dream is fully alive and reachable by any means

if i go back i'll ask all of them for paying respect to our dear friend hasan kamakaula who has left us two years back for good and he is now peacefully in heaven

for him, we'll raise our cup of tea to remember him
for him, we'll head down for a while to remember his kindness
for him -hasan-, we've carved a very special place in all of our heart to remember him forever

(i know i'll be home; i know i'll bring load of joys back to this life than ever)

happy peaceful sunday

No comments: