Wednesday 3 October 2007

Carl's Dream - Alor (III)



After two days in full contention, I was ready to get another moment of brilliance in Shark Galore, a place where various sharks, tunas, barracudas, dolphins and other sizeable fishes might appear in sudden

Brief briefing of dangerous current was shocking many of us but I was in the thick of the action, wishing to enjoy another colorful decoration of underwater corals, hoping to witness bands of tuna, shark or other colorful fishes

And it was another day in paradise

As far as I could see, many beautiful corals were there to spoil my very eyes while thousands of fishes in various sizes including sea snake passing me by in full ignorance of my presence that morning

What a day, what a moment!

And I was left to thank a moment of gratefulness by this astonishing scenery at Shark Galore, a moment that I later reckoned as a moment of joy

Benign current allowed us to enjoy most of the scenes

And I was later stunned in disbelief when one colorful sea snake –one of the most lethal creatures in this world- was approaching me, inches from my right hand and she loomed to have enjoyed much my presence when bubbles looked to attract much of her attention

It was the second time this trip the sea snake had approached me, before it was in Cathedral’s cave but no fear or whatsoever as I was always mesmerized by the vibes of sea snake’s presence

The only sour note for that day was the heat when we went back to surface

A cup of local coffee was later presented as ship moved in mild speed and the next trip to Three Top was later tipped as another moment of brilliance too

Quite hard now to equalize good spells of Shark Galore, Clown Valley and Cathedral, but stories of Carl’s Dream have fevered many of us to get there despite harsh current could be destroying too

But who cares as benign current is what we were told today and tomorrow

Tomorrow I would talk about Carl’s Dream, a site when many diving dreams bring to real life, as no other place with unique textures as Carl’s Dream have and that’s what we were told

I love Alor more on every new day…

Good night everyone
My love from Alor – 3

No comments: