Tuesday 9 October 2007

Yester Years In Brighton

In this coastal city, Brighton, arguably, the most warmest city in UK, a can of Diet Coke was introduced on one hottest afternoon to wash away the thirsty of summer of late ninety.

Since then Diet Coke has never been separated from my identity.

A year later, still in late ninety, on one decent trip to Ireland, a moment when "Omagh" was wrecked into saddest agony of IRA bomb, a priviledge was given to enjoy a pint of fresh Guiness stout when an evening loomed to turn into a heavenly night.

It was The Coors and U2 that played the magic of that night, and it was the moment I knew later on an importance of friendliness grabbed in Guiness stout.

As the trip of Ireland came to an enticing end, a truly stunning end, a sound of The Beatles was twisting my feets to move as I was walking around the lounge of Dublin airport prior to boarding Irish Airline that took me back to Gatwick.

And a genuine feeling of losing Dublin, Belfast and natural friendliness of Ireland was suddenly striking to my mind.

Also on this trip, an adventurous spirit was thickened and love of writing was confirmed, as though, Ireland was made for me not just to validate long-time preferences on writing and adventure but also on melancholic feelings, eating fishes plus vegetables and being a politely spoken creature besides never say No to Lager.

Looking back to what Ireland could offer, a list of wishes had been whispered in this heart.

Dancing and diving are amongst the things I wish to learn, and now I have found myself trapped in dancing class (at least I could dance jive and cha cha) and has been a certified scuba diver for an almost two years.

Heading back to Jakarta in early 2000, I continue my love affair with jogging and swimming.

While Bali has been my ultimate destination for some indescribable reasons, it is Bali that keeps showering me with an everlasting love of this life and no wonder I would keep coming back to Bali again and again.

In Bali, Surabaya or Jakarta when spare time falls on, a moment to hold back string guitar is what I do, singing The Beatles, The Corrs, Ronan Keating, Kla Project and many more.

In yester years, I have been closely glued to my nephews Timo and Kevin plus Aldo, not to mention my everlasting adoration to my loving Memes who has taught be to a good gentleman, a neat person with strong-will heart.

Then a slight turn to my childhood, the colors of Blue and White are very attractive but never against when Black is given too.

Suddenly, a thousand sweet thoughts of childhood memory is back when Blue color represents a "Pilot's uniform". Most likely, it is the only single reason why I started falling in love with Blue since early age.

I wish I were a pilot now...but my destiny leads me to another path.

Now I am in Singapore...living my dream of life...

No comments: